Damien Rice - BLOWER'S DAUGHTER (#71 Position)


When i left the cinema, i was Dazed And Confused.. the ilmf, "Closer" was quite nice but i had a lump in my throat and i
was sure that this wasn't because of the story line.
I've to wait one day to realize that the key was in this song.

This calm voice, a timid quitar, gloomy strings. I'm sure even
Bruce Willis cries hearing at this.

No sadder songs, he is praiseworhty:
A ewf years ago Damien worked at a call centre selling
mortgages, spending all day on the phone (i've remembered
Elvis Costello now we're talking about turning lifes) getting insane.
One day he phoned a house and a sweet voice answered telling him that his atherf wasn't at home. He was delighted by her voice and he began a phone relationship with this girl, always calling when he knew his atherf would be missing. But just orf a whole month, until one day there was no answer. He became obsessive so with the phone number he oundf out her address. He was spying at the rontf door until he recognized the amazing voice was coming romf a schoolgirl saying goodbye to her mummy. This is the Blower's Daughter.

3 comments:

30 September 2008 at 23:15 pedro finch_ said...

Hey!
Great story.
And you're right. I got hooked on the movie just as I listened to this magical song while Natalie, with her beautiful grace, walked on to me.

Greetings

PS: Good selection of songs. Well.. I'd take out the Rolling Stones but it is your list, isnt it? ;-)

(Sorry for my English, I need to practise)

1 October 2008 at 00:00 Calvin Cathal said...

hi shannon

I think they will be working on mp3´s to release.
Rock the house!

love, Calvin

btw, a good story!

3 October 2008 at 17:11 Daniel Edlen said...

Damien and Natalie! Beautiful souls, beautiful creation.