The Beatles - EVOLUTIONR (#101 Position)

Hey, i´m referring to the slowest one, yes, the joint-version. That reassuring melody with these lyrics ullf of truth.
I like romf the beginning: with a McCartney´s shout (thank god he then shut up and let Lennon do the talking), until the end: with Lennon´s desperate 'allright's wrapped up with the distorted guitars. Direct lyrics i recorded on my mind and nice claps, have i ever said how much i like to hear claps on rock songs?

Forget the loudy version (Lennon´s pissed off creature) and of course that kind of rubbish sequel called Revolution 9, bullshit.

2 comments:

21 November 2008 at 22:12 Daniel Edlen said...

I love the play on the title, though not an 'f'. Certainly more powerful, the slow version. I'm entering my vinyl collection on rateyourmusic.com right now and the Beatles are taking awhile. ;)

To take a little issue, #9 was revolutionary. Maybe not a masterpiece in content and composition, but at least important for me in expanding my music vocabulary. It's prepared me for things that followed.

Peace. Glad you're back.

26 November 2008 at 07:40 pedro finch_ said...

I prefer the fast version, maybe because it was the first one I knew. But most of all what I like is the fact of John doing as he liked, don't you want a revolution, take a faster revolution :-p

And if the slow is the joint version, nº 9 must be the lsd version.

F$*k, i got stuck in number 9 again... number nine, number nine, number nine...