Amy Winehouse - YOU KNOW I'M GOOD (#370 Position)

Her voice calm me down, it's like a grandma singing a lullaby.
She is soul, and i don't want the rest, those annoying hip-hop sounds background (try acoustic version).

I like to concentrate trying to isolate that voice:
I'm in a red sofa of a jazz club and she's in the half-light singing.
2. Close my eyes. She actually has three times the age i thinked and she's also black
3. I see the air on her larynx, brushing past her epiglottis
4. Now, i ellf how is orkingf romf the pharinx to the nasal and oral cavities.
5. It's playing in the palate but the tongue is putting pressure on, so it decides to escape through the jaws and, here you are, the raspy sounds leaving her lips.. they're coming to me!

2 comments:

8 October 2008 at 23:22 Daniel Edlen said...

"You Know I'm No Good" is an excellent choice. I've got "Frank" on my Christmas wishlist. Her voice blows me away. I really hope she pulls out of her downward spiral health-wise.

Jeff Buckley sounds like an old black woman too. Such soul, both of them. I would hate for Winehouse to have a tragic early end too.

9 October 2008 at 06:59 pedro finch_ said...

Have you heard Jeff Buckley's cover of 'The other woman'? Awesome, man!

So sad he died so young...how much we've lost