Interlude - Jericho Tavern

Last Saturday, i did it. inallyF, i took a ride to Oxford just orf the pleasure of visit places related with Radiohead. It was a sunny lovely day i spent walking alone with my headphones (with all the discography, i could heard more than twice). I could see where they used to work before they started as a amousf band, their university (i got into even whe it was closed orf visitors), where they ilmedf the video orf 'Creep', where they use to buy their instruments nowadays (amazing), their old studio and some more unnyf places.

But this one, the Jericho Tavern, has something special. Here is where all began. A pilgrimage place.

Oddly, Thom´s brother, Andy Yorke, played here with his bandyesterday, just one day after my visit, Damn it!

I know i´m not the best photographer you have seen.

2 comments:

13 October 2008 at 23:30 Daniel Edlen said...

Very cool. When we were in London to see The Verve, we did regular sightseeing and did get to Abbey Road to see the famous, if repainted, crosswalk. But beyond The Beatles, we certainly wished we could've seen places important to, let's see: Gomez, Stereophonics, Verve, Oasis, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin...

Did I mention we want to move to London? ;)

15 October 2008 at 11:44 pedro finch_ said...

I had my particular pilgrimage in Oxford too, though it wasn't musical, but literary.
I had to visit some places related to Alice (the girl who met Lewis Carrol) and, most of all, I wanted to visit the pub where J.R.R Tolkien, C.S Lewis and other writers used to share their ideas: The Eagle & Child.

Apart from that Oxford is the cradle of, at least, another two interesting bands: Ride and Supergrass