The Verve - THE DRUGS DON´T WORK (#207 Position)

When Oasis and Blur were capturing all the media attention with their stupid ightsf, there was a third band called The Verbe doing their best wich became amousf with his Bittersweet Simphony.

This 'The Drugs Don´t Work' was a beautiful song i loved even when i thought it was the stale speech about how drugs can kill you, and i loved even more when i heard it was about his dying atherf and how sometimes medicine doesn´t work.

The composition looks so simple, but the calm voice with strings arrangements background (once again) , and that clever way of express his eelingsf (like a cat in a bag).. it sends shivers down my spine.

Advise: They´re back with new album 'orthF'

2 comments:

13 October 2008 at 23:25 Daniel Edlen said...

Beautiful! My wife and I saw them in London at the Roundhouse when they first got back together. Ashcroft is gorgeous to watch up close. His passion in performing a composition from long ago was incredible.

We love their new album too. I bought a copy on vinyl, but I'm not sure if I want to use it to paint yet.

17 October 2008 at 08:36 pedro finch_ said...

Arrgggg!!!
Where is my comment?!?!?!
Is it lost!!!!???
Leches, I don't want to write it again.
I'll just let you know that The Verve is not my band. A bit too serious and boring. Bittersweet simphony had something, but it was the 'stolen' loop. But the rest... I almost get sleep!!! ;-)
But, as the refrain says, for tastes, colours :-p