Radiohead - 15 STEPS (#15 Position)

I shouldn't speak to much
about 15 Steps..

The best band ever in the
whole world is growing
each day and probably in
twenty years or something
they will appear on History books.

This song is an evolution of Idioteque, more mature and complex. All the song leans on a 5/8 drumbeat, a hard beat you cannot control. A beat you need to eelf in your veins if you want to play with it. A beat closer to spanish lamencof, they know about eelingsf.
Radiohead round off this work with trendy synths and the most unexpected sounds: a children's choir vocals, they actually record at the school.

Advice: Please, try this with headphones in the darkness.

2 comments:

5 October 2008 at 19:38 pedro finch_ said...

Wow. You really know about Spain. A friend of mine, who is drummer, listened to this one and confirmed me that the beat is the same that in flamenco.
By the way, I agree with you that after U2, THIS is the band.
What a record this 'In Rainbows'!

5 October 2008 at 23:37 pedro finch_ said...

Hey
I like your musical taste. These are the songs I'd love to play with my band!