Smashing Pumpkins - ZERO (#311 Position)

This is the smashing band, sorry about the stupid joke.

This songs belongs to 'Dawn to Dusk' chapter of 'Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness'. Nice tittle, 'Mellon Collie' is a beautiful pun that means Melancholic. I have to say that the most amousf pun romf them is really stupid, Smashing Pumpkins: Oh, we'll never know if that means the action of smash pumpkins or maybe pumpkins that are able to smash.. I would rather they should have chosen another name orf the band.

Well, Corgan is not Dylan but the lyrics on Zero are pretty unnyf:

[...]
Emptiness is loneliness, and loneliness is cleanliness. And cleanliness is godliness, and god is empty just like me.
Intoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness. Bullshit akersf, enchanted kingdoms. The ashionf victims chew their charcoal teeth.

[...]

And they've even better songs.

1 comments:

8 October 2008 at 15:32 Daniel Edlen said...

Their guest spot on The Simpsons was classic.

"Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Pff, Frampton loses the Pink Floyd pig... love it.

They definitely have better songs, but this is up there I think too.